It's no secret that we're a nation of pet lovers.
Whilst we love our furry friends dearly, they can be prone to accidents. Whether it's treading in mud after a walk or not getting to grips with the litter tray, our pets can leave some not-so-desirable stains around our homes.
But, fear not. We've complied together everything you need to know about removing pet stains and odours from household surfaces and furniture...
Pet hairs on soft upholstery
To get rid of unsightly pet hair, always start by hoovering. Using the upholstery attachment, hoovering soft furnishings regularly to remove unwanted pet hair. Finish with the crevice attachment to suck up any remaining grime. If you find any hair left over, iSpray with an anti-bacerial spray and brush with a lint roller.
Urine from carpet, mattresses and fabrics
You love your cat, but wish they weren't so determined to stake out their territory in the house by spraying everywhere.
It's a tough one, but with a bit of effort, you should be able to remove the stain, and the smell...
- On carpet, flush the affected area with cold water and blot until nearly dry. Use some washing liquid on a sponge and rug gentlly. Rinse well with cold water containing a few drops of disinfectant. Blot to dry.
- On a mattresses, sponge with a cold solution of washing-up liquid or upholstery shampoo. Wipe with cold water containing a few drops of disinfectant.
- On non-washable fabrics, remove fresh stains by sponging with a vinegar solution (15ml vinegar to 500ml water). Dried stains should be cleaned professionally.
- On washable fabrics, rinse the stained area with cold water, then soak overnight in a solution of biological detergent. Machine-wash as normal.
- On hard wood surfaces, apply white vinegar to the affected area. Add fragrant oil such as lavender to the white vinegar solution to eliminate smells.
Call the professionals
Whether you are looking for carpet cleaning. sofa cleaning, curtain cleanin or professional mattress cleaning. RH Carpet Cleaning Dublin is here to meet your needs.
We have built a loyal customer base by treating them and their belongings respectfully, and we’ve worked hard to make sure we get the job done better than anyone else can. If you are looking for professional carpet or upholstery cleaning , call us today on 087 6089310 We are sure you will be thrilled with your fantastic, clean furniture.
Did you know?
We also offer Power Washing, Gutter Cleaning, Window Cleaning, Oven Cleaning and more. Call us today to book your appointment!
Book your carpet cleaning here